Aug 20, 2017

<><>Jake Taylor (major league film) 2014<><>

On August 20, 2017 - I made a trade-in-person agreement with Brandon Newb of Chicago Bobblehead Collectors.  I was expecting to receive the Jake Taylor Bobble Knees SGA (7/19/14) bobblehead.  I would have never made agreement for postage - on my end to parcel SEVEN (7) Chicago Cubs items for a local swap.

Over the course of two weeks of wasting my time misdirection, he finally reveals that a "meetup was never going to happen" - something he shared with an Admin of the Chicago regional page.  A man is only as good as his word right?  I had tried my own due diligence which included efforts to meet him at his place of work during lunch hour, middle ground, and ultimately his Joliet residence last weekend, he proved to be evasive.  Excuses galore with this guy!  Just scrolling up on the msgs: #1 - I trade with too many people that its not exactly easy for me to remember who I need to contact when I'm going certain places.  #2 - I'm gonna have to reschedule.  Had something come up and won't be in town.  #3 - I've gotten a chance to think about the deal some more and I'm not sure I'm as much of a fan of this trade as I thought I was.

Understanding that the weekdays were tight, I asked his availability on the weekends and again more mystery!  Indeed find out after the fact, he in Chicago at a giveaway game and in Chicago to selling his inventory at a flea market, always pursuing bobbleheads.  Great I live in Chicago.  Finally yesterday he chooses to level with me and offers the explanation that he is not perfect and that he was not neglecting me on purpose.  Now this morning, the reveal of a trade back out:



My conclusion from this experience is that Brandon Newb is NOT G2G.  I had been warned of a reputation of back out behavior, and sure enough when stakes are high it happens.  Even an admin on the Chicago regional page explained he had the same experience, as Brandon backed out of his separate trade.  We had a brief discussion over msgs, he is adamant and predictably defensive but nothing to dispute the fact that we had an agreement and that he backed out.

NOTE - October 13, 2017 - Friday the Thirteenth.  I put the 7 items from this failed trade on the block (which were Chicago Cubs after their playoffs win) and the topic was revisited.  Sadly I got what I deserved: baseless excuses - revisionist history that he made any effort to meet, moot points - make-believe-land that the local transaction should be shipped.  He suggested to "share the blame" for a failed deal which he unilaterally backed out.  I do not understand that one.

Weak Sauce was in denial that I had offered to drive to his residence to complete the deal, but this is untrue - I had exhausted all measures to meet and here is the PM to prove it.  The worst was after he backed out, he explained that he to renegotiate a deal even sweeter than the 7-for-1 Cubs bobbles that he agreed to before.  I conclude that you cannot reason with the unreasonable.

No comments:

Post a Comment